Saturday, March 17, 2007

Forgot the "kitchen" part of Aunt Melissa's Kitchen

Apologies to all who come looking for recipes. I've been remiss. It was actually a busy kitchen week. It began with a long Sunday afternoon cooking session that laid the foundation for the week's menues...

Stuffed cabbage, Stuffed peppers, Beef filled puff pastries, stuffed mushrooms, sauteed greens.

Today when my Mom asked what I had cooked today, she laughed when I said some really great oatmeal. Now I tell ya! It really WAS great.

Old Fashioned oats cooked in milk, with chopped walnuts, dried apricots, dried cranberries, golden grapes and coconut. I brought to a gentle boil and cooked for 5 minutes. I spooned into bowls and topped with a heart-healthy no trans-fat margarine, a splash of half and half and 1/2 sliced ripe banana. It was SO sweet and yummy, with no added sugar and very, very filling and nutritious, too!

So there! Just a couple of words about Aunt Melissa's kitchen.... Have a happy Saturday night. Later, homemade spaghetti sauce over pasta and maybe a science-fiction movie. Does life get better? Nahh... don't think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************