Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Spin, spin, whirl, whirl

Traditionally, I think Summers are considered laid-back time with little or no activity. Then why am I so busy?!?!?!

All good things.

Tonight my friend Kathy and I will be at the Sparks game because, did I ever tell you about last year when the two of us joined a basketball league at the YMCA? It was HILARIOUS. I hadn't played basketball since 7th grade... and my friend Kathy, although an excellent athlete, had never played basketball in her life. Her husband, brother, everyone she knew explained the rules to her and WOW, did we ever have fun playing on that league! Well, this year they separated the league between the women over and under 40 or something like that and well.... I didn't want to play on the "senior" league. There were younger women in worse shape than we were! We held our own...... ohwellanyway... we talked many times about attending a Sparks game with the husbands and it never panned out. TONIGHT, however, we have FREE tickets (thank you company executive who cannot attend and remains nameless) with FREE parking and well, it's girls night out at Staple Center everyone.

Go sparks. Girls can play ball! =)

Okay, I will say I make hardly any money at all, but free tickets are a nice perk. Week before last was American Idol concert with box seats and food included! Woo Hoo... Nothing like free PopTarts.... (you had to have been there.... but Pop Tarts are always good... )

Have a great day and soon I'll post photos of my very first cable knit! Yes, after months of setting the denim knit shell project aside ( photo here:Aunt Melissa's Kitchen: It's Saturday Again), I got brave and used cable needles... It worked. I have a witness even!

If you would like to see some GORGEOUS projects, check out my friend Kelly's new blog:

http://maniacallacemaker.blogspot.com/


Have a great night and I hope to talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************