Saturday, January 26, 2008

Kitchen and Kraft Korner

Decisions, decisions. I'm liking the color choices, yet struggling over sweater design.



I've finally completed the slacks (above) and happily realized that in addition to the scarf I made to match, it appears I have a lovely wool/silk/cotton yarn mix (New Tweed) that will make a beautiful cardigan... if I can only settle on a design. It must be simple, yet incorporate all the colors shown above. hmm... there are also 6 balls of coordinating yarn in a pale gold and deep burgundy; however, I might save those for another project. (I'm hoping doggy sweater and blanket for new family addition, if the new job is close to home). Yippee!!!!!

Aunt Melissa's kitchen opened briefly last night and the aroma emanating from kitchen was HEAVENLY!!
Notice the simple ingredients: Crushed Garlic, Crushed fresh ginger, Dijon Mustard, Coriander, Cumin, Rosemary and Salt. To Approximately 2 heaping teaspoons of Garlic, Ginger and Dijon Mustard, I added 1-1/2 heaping teaspoons of Coriander, 1 teaspoon Cumin, approx 3/4 teasoon Rosemary (you have to be careful or rosemary overpowers) and a few shakes of salt. To this mixture I poured a nice olive oil until a nice spreading consistency was reached, then, with spoon/spatula, covered the exterior and interior cavity of chicken.

Baked between 1-1/2 - 2 hours in a 375 degree oven. Simple, yummy and tonight more recipes will benefit by leftovers.

=)






Now, I'm off to run errands and return for more interview preparations. Have a great day and all my best to you from Aunt Melissa's Kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. Hi M! The slacks look amazing, and I love the cool shirt you have with it! I'll keep my eye out for a great cardi pattern for you. Are you on Ravely yet? It's a fantastic site! :)

    All good thoughts going your way for a job too!

    ReplyDelete

**********************************************