Monday, May 5, 2008

All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go


Good Morning!

I was literally walking out the door to go to an interview that has been scheduled for 2 weeks, and stopped to shut down my computer and take one last look at sigalert.com for a traffic check. I had earlier sent an email to confirm an address which I felt was incorrect (it was) and received an email that the interview is postponed. The interviewer will not be in the office today. Whew! I'm SO HAPPY I checked before hopping in the car to burn $3.99/gal gasoline in rush hour traffic for an hour and a half! =) In this process I learned there are 3 scheduled to interview (good to know). The interview is rescheduled for Thursday at 9AM. Keep those prayers coming for Thursday.

Tomorrow, by the way, is my first day of orientation and training with insurance company that will remain nameless and I'm quite excited about the process of becoming a life health and accident agent. Saturday my license arrived in the mail and it's so pretty. =) The golden seal of the State of California looks quite nice on parchment. Or perhaps it's because the wait for approval seemed so excruciating, but I have to tell you I like the looks of this little piece of paper signed by the Commissioner of Insurance. Thank you Mr. Poizner!

Speaking of high gasoline prices, a couple of weeks ago we tagged along with a friend exploring the "Water4Gas" phenomena. (Google it, I'm not offering endorsements here.) Someone local has devised a way to capture unused energy to convert water to hydrogen, mix with fuel and supposedly get better gas mileage. There is quite a large turnout every Saturday checking out modifications and speaking to owners about their luck. I don't know anything about it, but it was interesting to check it out and note the local interest. It seems there are quite a few people interested in coming up with alternatives since govt. and industry seems to be lagging behind demand. I know I've plugged it before, but I still think everyone should rent "Who Killed the Electric Car". Now Wikipedia has a write up about it here.


Hollow Oak Nest Eggs from The Nancy Drew Cookbook









Sometimes I go a little overboard with lunch. Hey, who says Tuna salad has to be boring???





....and who is that cute couple, anyway?











Well, I'm off to print and sign and fax away.... setting up a new business takes a little organization.



Have a happy Monday everyone!

Aunt Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************