Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fires

Hi everyone. I know family and friends are concerned, so I'm just dropping a quick line about the fires this week. Sesnon fire was visible from down the street on Monday, but it is miles away and we were luckily never in danger. The sad and unfortunate story is that more than a few people completely lost their homes and my heart and prayers are with them during this extremely difficult time.

Mom, we are fine. Although I could see flames driving home from work on Monday night, they were miles and miles away...across the valley.

Our Ionic Breeze air purifiers have done an excellent job of keeping the indoor air clean. I think not running an a/c has really helped, too. In years past the a/c brought in smoke faster than the purifiers could clean it up.

If you ever want to check on fires and their proximity to us, here's a handy link to the USGS fire maps. Of course I'm not posting my address on the blog, so it's only useful for those of you who know us personally.

Sorry, I have no photos. Luckily, by the time I got home, retrieved my camera and walked down the street to take pictures, the flames had died down and the fire was no longer visible from that vantage point. This was a happy relief, but you can find plenty of pictures and news on the kcal9 website. They continued round-the-clock coverage when other stations went back to local programming on Monday evening.


It's late and past my bedtime, so I'll say sweet dreams to all.

Love you Mom.

=)

Aunt Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************