Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Interview Update & Biscuits






















































Haven't felt too much like blogging the past few days, but as you can see, things have still been happening in Aunt Melissa's kitchen.

The position I've been interviewing for the past 4 months has been put on hold. I'm told I'm the candidate they would like to pursue, but there is no estimate of when it might be approved and that they understand that I must do what is right for me. They will contact me upon approval to learn if I'm still available.

This news is a lot easier to accept, knowing that upon my license approval there will be opportunities for self-employment. Worst case, the self-employment will sustain me until a full-time offer comes through, or best case, I will be wildly successful and will not be interested in working for someone else. Either way, forging ahead with applications and study increases the odds of God blessing my efforts.

Regarding photos above. The secret to good biscuits, either homemade or from a mix is the kneading... directions often suggest kneading a few times, but kneading is what makes layers of dough with air incorporated between. For the longest, I would follow package instructions and not understand why my biscuits were flat little pucks. Upon my sister's advice, I began kneading until the dough gets a little firm, even. My initial concern was that the biscuits would be toughened by overdeveloping the gluten, but this isn't the case. Knead until it becomes slightly difficult. Roll out and bake in a hot oven. You biscuits will double in size. As you can see above, the following day, leftover biscuits are heavenly when they are split and toasted with margarine and drizzled with honey.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Happy Breakfast!

Aunt Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************