Thursday, May 21, 2009

Broccoli Slaw

Aunt Melissa's FAST and EASY Broccoli Slaw

Juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
1 Tablespoon Honey
1/3 cup Trader Joe's Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
10 dried apricots
4 cups packaged "Broccoli Slaw"

Whisk or blend the first 4 ingredients to make dressing. (I use the small containerwith the Magic Bullet blender). Wash and drain broccoli Slaw. Slice apricots into small pieces. Toss and enjoy.

Fresh Orange slices or mandarin slices would make a nice addition to this salad. I served with a handful of almonds for a very light lunch. Perhaps next time, I'll just toss a few sliced almonds or walnuts in, as well.

You might consider doubling this recipe. The husband ate 2 bowls and I'm wishing I had another bowl, too.

It's been a couple of hours now... perhaps it's smoothie time.

=)

Happy Thursday!

Aunt Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************