Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Love LibraryThing!

Have you tried LibraryThing yet? You might not know that next to playing French Horn in a Symphony, or going to Chef School and then opening my own Bed and Breakfast including a really cool and exclusive restaurant within, my next most dream job was to be a Librarian. Unfortunately, when I had my chance to do so, I quickly realized that in addition to requiring a Master's Degree in Library Science, the starting pay was approximately $20,000 LESS than I was currently making and I just didn't think I could afford the career change. For a while I even worked at Dallas Public Library as an Assistant Librarian and I really, really loved being at the library almost every day...

I happen to know that SOME of you have even MORE books than I, including many, many, many first editions. If you haven't already done so, check out LibraryThing.com (links are in sidebar, along with books from my personal library). This website is totally fun for the secret librarian hiding within. I'm totally hooked on catalogueing my collection, which I've tried numerous times on my own over the years, and I just felt too overwhelmed. In a matter of maybe 4 or 5 hours, I've added almost 300 titles to my personal online library. Library Thing is free for up to 200 titles and offers a lifetime membership for only $25 which allows unlimited titles. One really enjoyable feature is learning which books in my collection are also owned by other collectors. If you love books, I highly recommend this site.

Have you checked out my favorite astronomy blog lately? It's been updated the with lots of cool observing tips for the month of April. Check it out. This blog is really popular gets literally hundreds of visits per day from all over the globe.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/LowerCal/

There's always a link on the right-hand margin of this site under Friends and Favorite links, as well. (Casual Astronomy.)

Have a happy Sunday and much success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************