Sunday, March 16, 2008

Study, Study, Study

Hi Gang,

Isn't Madelein adorable?!? She came to visit Aunt Melissa and Uncle Steve a few weeks ago and in the picture at left, she doesn't quite know what to think of her own reflection. Sooooooo Cute!!!!!

I've been a little occupied with classes all day every day for the past 6 days, and tomorrow I will attend an exam prep class. Okay, perhaps I'm the biggest dork you know, but I've loved my classes this week and tonight I came straight home to take an online exam with no preparation just to see what I've retained. (I know, HUGE dork) It's a shame it wasn't the real deal, though, because I passed!!! Tomorrow I'm going to an Exam Cram class anyway, just to be extra certain that I pass first time. Some of you already know what I'm studying, but later I will just surprise the rest of you.

Latest interview news for those who asked is this: I have 2 great interviews with a great company next Friday, so please keep your fingers crossed and positive thoughts & prayers coming my way, if you're so inclined. I've made it through the second round of interviews which included an Assistant Vice President and Senior Vice President last month. Friday's meetings are with an IT Director and the Regional CIO. ( Sounds promising, doesn't it? I'm pretty happy for this opportunity!)

Well, I know I've been slacking off in the blog department, so for your viewing pleasure, following is the Lion Brand Cupcake Shawl I crocheted last week in only 2 days!!! Super fast, super easy!


Okay, in the photo, it doesn't look so large, but I'm tellin' ya', this thing covers half our king-sized bed. It's as big as an afghan, and while it's cozy and comfy to sit around and watch tv in, its a little too large to be attractive as a normal accesory, so I'm probably going to unravel the last pattern repeat so that I can wear out of the house. It was really fun to make, and very satisfying.
=) Instructions can be found at:Image of Half Moon Shawlhttp://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70474AD.html?noImages=



And YES, Aunt Melissa's kitchen was open 2 weeks ago and the following Dark Chocolate Cream Pies (Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book Special Edition, Page 407).



This pie was the 'to die for' kind of dark chocolate that feels almost sinful. Oh my Goodness it had been so long since I had made an actual cream pie from scratch and you know what???? There is a HUGE difference between homemade and pudding from a box. AAAhhhhh..... I'm smiling just thinking about it....

Well, must get my beauty sleep and be prepared for Exam Cram tomorrow. I'll let you know how the whole licensing plays out. I'm pretty sure it will be middle or end of April before there is an open and available test time... but after that, look out world!

Until next time, go ahead... cook something nice, knit for a while, watch a movie, hug a cute dog and smile. Life is good.

Aunt Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************