Friday, April 17, 2009

Bob the Decorator




Soon after arrival in his new home, we noticed that Bob has definite designer/decorator tendencies. He LOVES to curl up next to me on the sofa and watch HGTV, but that wasn't our first clue... Nope.

Bob likes to rearrange the area rugs. He drags them all around the house, placing and arranging them in interesting ways. Sometimes he collects all of his toys and arranges them on the rugs. Upon noticing this tendency, I thought perhaps he deserved a little more beauty in his life and placed my original Peter Max signed lithograph next to his bowl for his enjoyment. Soon after that, Bob began tearing up his original bed, stuffing tuft by stuffing tuft, which the husband and I dutifully picked up every day and stashed away in plastic bags. Tonight, I finally re-purposed a nice piece of stretch corduroy from my sewing stash originally slated for a possible new skirt.

I don't know if tearing up the old bed was a message that its design didn't compliment this fine work of art, but perhaps this nice solid green will make a better companion for "Tut's Nanny" and our discriminating little decorator can leave it in one piece.

We'll see.

New bed was officially placed into service at 9:50 pm P.S.T.

The countdown begins!


Happy Decorating!
Aunt Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************