Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Popcorn & Falafel Chips

Did you get that Blockbuster coupon in your in-box for Dale and Thomas popcorn? $10 off. It arrived last week while I was having a weak moment and I immediately went to the website and cashed in my coupon. Yes, the popcorn is way expensive.... but@ $10 off, the flavorings were just too tempting to pass up. Why not try one tiny slice of decadence today, I thought? I've recently been trying to add flavorings of my own to popcorn and justified the spend as "research". (Ha!) =)

Well, I arrived home from class around 11pm last night and the box was waiting by the door. WHAT A TREAT!! The Holiday Sampler arrived and the first opened was Cinnamon Cream DrizzleCorn. Oh my goodness, is this ever incredibly good!!!!!

I found another great food item this week. One of my classmates introduced me to this snack. Her husband, a doctor concerned about nutrition, along with his partner started a line of organic Falafel Chips and they taste GREAT! After trying the first bag I made a special trip to Whole Foods Market. I had to ask for them, because they weren't out on the shelf, but I tried all three varieties and especially like the Spicy ones. My friend recommends Hummus as an accompaniment, but I made a light cucumber, dill and mint dip that was pretty tasty, too.

Did I tell you I got a call-back and audition for a VoiceOver job? I think it will be fun! Doing the voice for SchoolMax was a lot of fun, I think books should be great, too.

Oh yes, it's Tax Day, so as usual, I'm filling out the forms at the very last possible moment. I always pay my fair share, but somehow, I don't think it's necessary to send it before its absolutely due. =) Some years are easier to file than others. This is a very easy year to fill in the blanks. And obviously I'm not too stressed about it, because I've taken a few moments here to post these random thoughts and talk about snack foods...

hmm... After the taxes are filed, I think I'll open that bag of Peanut Butter White DrizzleCorn and think about what to read for my audition.


Happy Taxes and Snack Food!

Aunt Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa!

    May I have your recipe for the dip you made? It sounds delicious!

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Measurements are inexact (I simply threw a few items in the Magic Bullet).

    Cucumber Dip:

    1/2 organic cucumber
    1/2 cup light sour cream
    1/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese
    1/2 t. dried dill
    1/4 t. dried mint

    Blend and enjoy with Falafel Chips. (This makes a thin dip, if you like something thicker, you might add additional cottage cheese or even a light cream cheese.) If dairy presents a problem, you might try soft tofu as a substitute.

    ReplyDelete

**********************************************