Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Long Lost Friends



Aunt Melissa's kitchen has been strangely quiet this week. Oh, the normal and mundane is served daily and tonight I fried some tasty fish and hush puppies to go along with black-eyed peas, cabbage, various and sundry leftovers. This hardly seems blog-worthy, though, does it? I'm even posting a random photo of fish found on my hard drive which, in the spirit of full disclosure, I must add was neither prepared by me nor in my kitchen.

Between studying, job hunting, family matters, housework, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Bebo there's not been much blogging of late, and frankly nothing interesting to talk about unless you are particularly fascinated with:

  1. Formal procurement processes,
  2. writing of RFP's,
  3. drafting standard agreements,
  4. learning about internet protocol,
  5. network architecture….

Right! I didn't think so. You come to Aunt Melissa's kitchen because it's a kitchen. Hmm… well I suppose other things have been occurring at the kitchen table this week: homework and talk about the economy. Is it just me or are you feeling a little better about things, too? I'm noticing a little less gloom and doom on TV, the stock market has made a few gains. My student loans arrived. (Oh right, well maybe that's something to do with the lightened mood.) But really, I'd love to know if you are feeling a little more positive about things, too.

There's more school work to do tonight and tomorrow, but on Friday I plan to knit for a while in hopes of completing a basket-weave patterned sweater in time for a baby shower on Saturday. Once complete, I'll post a photo, of course.

In regard to the social networks, are you as thrilled with them as I? I'm hearing from friends I haven't seen or spoken to since childhood. Just last night I made contact again with the crazy friend who performed our wedding ceremony and his hilarious and wonderful best friend… I've been smiling for hours. About the social networks, though, I will say that of 3 of the better known, I've personally decided that Facebook is my current favorite, followed by MySpace and then Bebo. You ask me why I mention this? I don't know, really, but I spent considerable time looking at those particular three for a group term project associated with my Master's program last session. The consensus of the group was that for our particular theoretical advertising scenario MySpace gets the most exposure, but Facebook is closing in with regard to traffic. Perhaps because of my particular demographic, more friends, family and acquaintances appear to be using Facebook.

I would love to hear your preferences and opinions on the matter, so please feel free to comment. I would also like to hear if you feel the economy is making a slight improvement, as well.


Be well, be happy, be healthy, and connect with an old friend. I highly recommend it!


Aunt Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************