Saturday, March 21, 2009

Woman on a Mission

There is a 75% off shoe sale at Riviera Euro-Comfort in Beverly Hills. Woman at left is on a mission to get there, find a great new pair of shoes for Spring/Summer and get home within a couple of hours. (Yeah, right... this is LA, after all). Piece of cake, you might say.... the drive is 19 miles. Mapquest predicts 26 minutes from door to door.

Four (yes 4) hours later she is back in the 'hood shopping Barnes & Noble for an appropriate children's book to accompany a handmade baby gift for a baby shower. No worries. Who wanted to read about Network architectures and software (well, I did, actually, but never mind.)

TWO (yes, 2) pair of excellent shoes were purchased at the advertised price of 75% off. Now don't get me wrong... Aunt Melissa has shoes from Walmart in her closet, but she likes the $130 pair marked down to 75% off much better. Same price, better quality. Yes, we like this very much.

I settled on one of my favorite children's books "Time for Bed" by Mem Fox and wrapped it up with diapers and a pair of booties I somehow crocheted without a pattern. (The first one was easy. The trick was getting the second one to match. Ha!)

What? No knitted item, you might ask? I know! I picked up the knitting needles yesterday and they just weren't speaking to me. I had to answer the baby gift call with my crochet hook instead. It's okay. The basket-weave baby sweater will be completed some day. (Katy, maybe for you?) =)

Have a most excellent rest of the weekend. Aunt Melissa's kitchen is closed.


Aunt Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************