Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What's New with You?

Hi there!

I'm just stopping by for a quick hello and to share the lovely still life at left, compliments of my amazing friends ... the flowers held up an amazingly long time.





Below are two examples of Bob "helping" me study... Happily, first session's grades are in, and we managed a 4.0 in both classes. The new session began last night, so we'll see if Bob continues his interest in this Master's program. =)

Photo 1 - Bob learns the differences, advantages/disadvantages of 2-tier, 3-tier and n-tier client-server networks....
Photo 2 - Bob contemplates the overlap in skill sets between Contracts Managers and Project Managers...



We enjoyed some pretty amazing Vegetable Lasagna this week.

If you'd like the recipe, just make a comment or send me an email and I'll write it up. My sister gave me the recipe (totally decadent and awesome) and then I made it a second time this week using only the ingredients I had on hand and it was just as great or better. The original recipe called for bottled Alfredo sauce, cream cheese and no-boil lasagna noodles. The second time I made it with homemade Alfredo sauce (which is almost easier than opening a jar). I used traditional noodles and I happened to be out of cream cheese but it was just as awesome. The husband was LOVING it! It also makes a huge quantity, which I especially appreciate, needing to be job-hunting and studying, not whiling the hours away in the kitchen.

I baked a pretty decent chocolate pie this week, too, but it's so long gone. I didn't have a chance to take a photo.

The other culinary adventure this week was the substitution of SPAM lite in both my southern black-eyed peas AND in a huge crock pot of Cajun Red Beans and Rice. They were both GREAT, and I'm not laughing at SPAM again. It was good!

Have a great week and remember, lean times offer increased opportunities for creativity.

Keep cooking, and let me know what's new with you!

Aunt Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************