Friday, November 28, 2008

Celebrating with Thanksgiving

Just a few things I'm incredibly thankful for...




















I'm thankful for the gorgeous drive home from work early Wednesday Evening and the anticipation of 4 great days of good food and free time with husband and Bob.








I'm thankful for a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner.



I have my mother-in-law to thank for an excellent dressing recipe. My mom's recipe is great, too, but I make this one for my husband because I know it brings back pleasant memories. I really like it, too. Her recipe calls for both hot & mild sausage and two bunches of fresh parsley. It's a really great combination. Write to me and I'll share the recipe, if you like.

Sweet potatoes, in my opinion, need nothing special. Just bake, peel and mash with a pat or two of real butter. Natural sugars are more than enough. Green beans sauteed in olive oil, garlic and almond slices.

Nothing fancy, just simply good.

And speaking of good.... this little guy is an angel. Already housebroken in just 4 days and playful and affectionate! We went to the Vet for a check-up today and now he's on antibiotics for kennel cough, but he's playful and happy and even survived his first bath! (uh...and his first tick removal...yikes!)

Bob stayed alone in the car for 25 whole minutes while Aunt Melissa shopped at Trader Joe's. It was his first true test of being completely alone. He didn't chew or destroy anything in the car, but when I gotback into the front seat he jumped in my lap, laid his head on my shoulder and could not be budged for maybe 5 minutes or more. He was like a baby, needing to be consoled. Tomorrow, we plan to leave him alone in the house for a short period of time and have amassed a pile of new toys and rawhide chews to pacify.

Perhaps tomorrow we can also capture of shot of Bob in his pretty new red collar. He's looking even more handsome since his first bath and made many new friends on his first visit to Pet Smart.

More things to be thankful for:

Blueberry Muffins & Frittata for breakfast







Mini-turkey and dressing sandwiches, turkey salad appetizers....

.....







We have good health, a roof over our heads. There was a nice rain on Wednesday. We have loving families, a wonderful church home, amazing friends, good food and a sweet dog. There's not much else I can say except Happy Thanksgiving all.

Aunt Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************