Saturday, November 15, 2008

Aunt Melissa's Awesome Chai Berry Smoothies

Sorry, I know I already posted today, but immediately afterward I set off to the kitchen to play with the Magic Bullet Blender. I don't know about you, but I'm a sucker form infomercials and have resisted the temptation to buy this gadget for over two years.

More than a year ago I found the Magic Bullet at Kohl's department store at half the price sold on the infomercials and every single time I go to the Fallbrook mall that silly Magic Bullet has been calling me from behind Kohl's brown brick walls. Two nights ago I succumbed to the calls and since unboxing the gadget on Thursday night, I've been blending everything in sight!

Aunt Melissa's Awesome Chai Berry Smoothies

1/3 of a 20 oz glass of Ice
1/2 c. frozen blueberries
1/2 c. frozen blackberries
1 T. Trader Joe's Organic cranberry sauce
1 t. Trader Joe's Ginger Spread
1/2 scoop Trader Joe's All Natural Chai (No Sugar Added) drink mix
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
splash of milk

If using the Magic Bullet, add about 1/3 of a beverage container with ice and add the next ingredients in order. I made the mistake of adding the powders too soon. The smoothie blends best if the powders are nearest the blender blades and large ice chunks hit the blades last. If using a conventional blender, add ingredients in reverse order.

Unfortunately, no photo at this moment because I've misplaced my cell phone (yes that explains the poor quality of photos on this blog... HA!) But these smoothies are beautiful to look at, too. Nerd to the third loved his smoothie and commented on not only the great flavor but the really pretty color, too!

Happy Smoothies!

Aunt Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************