Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Update November 11, 2008

Miscellaneous updates since we talked last month:



Gay people most definitely want the equal right to marry in California (as evidenced by the protest march blocking my way home from work tonight !!!!). A big "Yeah" for freedom of speech, but an even larger "thank you" for not making me sit through more than 4 consecutive green lights before allowing me to pass while you exercise that right....




Aunt Melissa's husband (Nerd to the Third*) obviously loves her very much or he wouldn't be making rabbit ears behind her head as she stands in line to perform her civic duty and exercise her precious right to vote for our new President on Nov. 4.!!






Aunt Melissa taking self-portrait in excitingly long line to vote (without rabbit ears, thank you).











Oops, I totally FORGOT my husband(aka Nerd to the 3rd*)'s birthday last Friday (don't be appalled, so did he!); but we recovered quite quickly by baking and eating a luscious dark chocolate layer cake with yummy, yummy frosting.





I think I mentioned a few recipes from Clean Eating recently. Here are a few photos of one recipe I particularly like..."Veggie, Rice & Cheese Supreme" which appears on page 56.





And here's a photo of the Low-Fat Cheesecake Pears (Page 47) simmering away prior to filling with cream cheese filling. (I substituted fresh cranberries for the cranberry juice recommended in the recipe).



I think that's all of the miscellaneous ramblings I have time for tonight.

Please send positive, positive thoughts and heavy-duty prayers up for my job, as it seems to be touch and go every day. Then again, with this economy, everyone's job seems to be touch and go every day...

My very best to all of you!

Aunt Melissa



*Computer Geek/Amateur Astronomer/Meteorologist=Nerd raised to the 3rd power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************